Capstone College Australia Pty Ltd (Capstone) agrees to provide a course, Your Honours Thesis Accepted, for the purpose of providing education and professional development to assist postgraduate students in the completion of their theses in accordance with the terms of the Agreement (the Course).
The Course is provided as a Product in the form of videos, written materials, written exercises and a discussion group as required by you, rather than a service.
As a condition of participating in the Course, you agree to be bound by and to abide by all policies and procedures set out in this Agreement.
As part of the Course, Capstone shall provide a password-protected ‘Course Portal’ through Kajabi to participants.
The Course Portal will include:
- audio and written materials;
- checklists; and
- other training and support information.
You shall have access to this Course Portal for 12 months. In the event that Capstone intends to close the Course Portal, it shall provide participants with 30 days’ notice and the ability to download the core resources contained in the Course Portal.
- In consideration of your payment of the prescribed fees, Capstone hereby grants you a licence to use the purchased Course, Your Honours Thesis Accepted.
- The licence is:
- not to be sub-licenced; and
- subject to the rights and obligations granted under the Agreement.
- The licence is personal to you and cannot be shared or exchanged with others.
- By accepting these terms you agree to pay the Course fees (including GST) for the Course using the payment method selected on the enrolment form.
- You accept that you are required to pay the full amount of the Course fees even if you do not complete the Course.
- The duration of the Course is stated in the Capstone Course Description and/or advised at time of enrolment.
- Course commencement is the date upon which Capstone receives your Course fees in full, (or your deposit, if Capstone agrees to a direct debit payment arrangement) and provides access to the Course Portal.
- Once you have completed your registration online, you will receive an email acknowledging that Capstone has received and accepted the registration.
- Submission of your registration along with full tuition payment constitutes acknowledgement and acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Course enrolment is complete when you have been issued a username and password by email for access to the Course Portal.
- Course commencement is effective from the date access to Course Portal is granted.
- Course duration is effective from the date access to Course Portal is granted.
Course Materials, Access
- Course Materials are supplied online via the Course Portal and are available for viewing online and may not be downloaded except for your personal use or for any other purpose permitted in writing by Capstone.
- The content of the Course Materials, including copyright and all other such intellectual property rights contained therein, remain the property of Capstone. You may not reproduce any part of the Course Materials without the prior written consent of Capstone.
- Course materials and course content are subject to change.
- The Course Portal may occasionally be unavailable during scheduled maintenance. In the event that the Course Portal becomes unavailable, Course Materials will be provided by other means of delivery such as email.
- Unlimited enrolment and access to the Course Portal is provided for the duration of the Course.
- The Course Portal may be accessed on a maximum of three (3) devices and only on one (1) device at any given time.
- Capstone will take all commercially reasonable steps to provide you with uninterrupted access to the Course:
- however, your access may be restricted from time to time for reasons beyond Capstone’s control. Such reasons may include, but not limited to:
- force majeure events;
- Acts of God;
- power outages;
- actions from computer hackers and others acting outside the law;
- software issues;
- server downtime;
- increased Internet traffic;
- programming errors;
- regular maintenance; and
- other related reasons.
- where an event described in sub-clause 3.9.1 applies, Capstone will take commercially reasonable steps to restore your full access within a reasonable period of time. ‘Commercially reasonable’ in these terms shall mean reasonable efforts taken in good faith without an unduly or burdensome use or expenditure of time, resources, personnel or money.
- Capstone aims to provide courses and materials of the highest quality. As such, improvements or changes to the Course or any other materials may occur at any time without prior notification in order to ensure that they are up to date and accurate.
- Where your access to the Course or any Course Material is restricted for any such reason as listed under sub-clause 3.10, Capstone, in its absolute discretion, may provide you with a free extension of time at our sole discretion.
- You are solely responsible for ensuring that they have sufficient and compatible hardware, software, telecommunications equipment and Internet service necessary for use of the Site, Course Portal and Course material.
- If the event of technical problems or issues, Kajabi should be contacted in the first instance. If this does not resolve your issue, Capstone shall make reasonable efforts to provide technical support Monday to Friday between the hours of 9am – 5pm excluding public holidays.
- Capstone reserves the right to cancel courses when necessary due to unforeseeable circumstances or any other reason.
- In such circumstances, fees paid for the Course may be refunded in accordance with the Refund Policy under Clause 7.
- The Fees for the Course are:
- AU$1,975 (inclusive of GST) if paid upfront and in full; or
- $2,340 (inclusive of GST) if paid in instalments pursuant to clause 6.3.
- If you choose a single upfront payment of AU$1,975 such payment must be made immediately upon enrolment into the Course.
- If you select the payment plan, you must pay the initial payment today and then your selected payment method will be automatically charged the following 5 payments on a monthly basis, for a total payment of AU$2,340.
- If you opt for monthly payments, you will remain responsible for those payments unless you obtain a refund according to the Course’s Refund Policy set out in clause 7 (Refund Policy). You may not cancel or avoid these payments except through the Refund Policy. In the event that any payment is not made, Capstone shall immediately suspend your access to the Program and begin debt collection proceedings at your expense. All fees are in Australian dollars (AUD) and inclusive of GST;
- Currency conversion charges from any other currency is your responsibility;
- Payment may be made by:
- bank deposit or PayPal; or
- credit card via MasterCard, Visa or American Express.
- All discounts, whether advertised or stated in correspondence, are mutually exclusive i.e. only one discount can be applied to any one booking.
- Capstone provides a 30-day money-back guarantee for the Course. That money-back guarantee is governed by the terms of this clause 7.
- In order to qualify for a refund you must submit proof that you did the work in the Course and it did not work for you. In the event that you decide your purchase was not the right decision, within 30 days of enrolment, contact Capstone at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Refund’ and let Capstone know you’d like a refund by the 30th day at 11:59 Australian Eastern Standard Time.
- In making the request for a refund in accordance with clause 7.2, you must include your completed coursework. If you request a refund and do not include your completed coursework by the 30th day, you will not be granted a refund.
- The work that you need to submit with your request for a refund includes ALL of the following items:
- a written statement that you have watched all the videos and read all the downloadable content in all modules and bonuses in their entirety;
- all worksheets, exercises, checklists or other downloadable content that asked for your input (i.e. that were exercises to be completed rather than documents to be read) must have been completed and returned to us;
- you must include along with your request your ‘Research Document’ (as explained in our Module 4), so we can assess how you have implemented our advice in relation to research planning and organisation; and
- you must include along with your request draft copies of your thesis sections (such as your introduction, literature review, methods etc.) before and after having completed each of our modules, so we can assess how you have implemented our advice in relation to each section.
- Please note that should Capstone decide to grant a refund, Capstone is unable to reimburse for any currency conversion fees charged by the credit-card issuer and refunds will be issued to the paying credit card.
- Capstone respects your privacy and will not disclose any ‘personal information’ (as that term is defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)) you provide except as set forth in this Agreement.
- Capstone will make reasonable efforts to keep any such information that we have about you secure and to ensure that any of its employees or agents who have access to information about you do not make any unauthorised use, modification, reproduction or disclosure of that information.
- As a condition of participating in the Course, you hereby agree:
- that the content of the Course contains Capstone’s proprietary methods, processes, forms, templates, and other information;
- to respect Capstone’s confidential information;
- not to share the information provided to you in the Course with anyone other than Capstone, and its authorised officers, agents and Collaborators;
- to respect the privacy of other Course participants; and
- not to share any information provided by other Course participants outside of the bounds of the Course unless you receive express written permission from such other participant to share the information.